This is the house I closed on last week. Already have contractor started. I got my contractor to give me an bid and also got a new contractor to give me a bid. The new contractor came in over twice what my contractor came in at. He asked if I wanted him to fax it over and I told him not to bother. He immediately came down half. My guy is getting the job and this guy knows to give me a good estimate next time. 🙂
I will give actual repair costs as they come up. My guy is doing the things in the scope of work for about $4,000. Carpet still needs to be bought and installed. Landscaping. We need a new complete AC condenser and I’m sure there will be other miscellaneous.
[Source: Bandit Signs]
This is a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 907sf house that was built in 1995.
|Settlement Fees:||$1,400 (title policy, closing fee, insurance, loan fee)|
|Estimated Repairs:||$8,000 (estimated 10k, but I think we can do it cheaper)|
|Estimated Profit:||$35,600 minus holding costs and selling costs|
Scope of Work
• Replace rotted /damaged soffit/trim and rotted exterior wood .
• Power wash the exterior.
• Install new light fixtures in front and back (see material specs).
• Install new front door (see material specs – prehung and with new interior trim) with silver doorknob and deadbolt.
• Scrape, caulk and paint exterior trim and garage door (see material specs).
• Repair fence (replace any rotted and extremely warped boards and fix post in back).
• Repair mailbox.
• Haul off construction debris and trash.
• Remove carpet and haul off.
• Remove blinds and curtains throughout house. Install new white mini blinds in front bedroom and bathroom.
• Install new vinyl stick tile ($25 per 45 sqft at McCoys) in kitchen, pantry, entry, utility and bathroom. About 326 sqft.
• Patch all cracks and imperfections in walls and ceilings. Match texture.
• Replace rotted baseboards with matching. (about 40ft)
• Clean and secure air registers.
• Remove and replace door from bedroom to bathroom with new prehung door .
• Replace door trim where necessary.
• Install new bathroom vanity light and faucet (see material specs)
• Install correct light bulbs in bathroom and where needed throughout.
• Secure bedroom fan cover and remove stickers from windows and walls.
• Remove medicine cabinet and install mirror (sku will be given $50 at home depot)
• Remove towel rings and add silver towel bar above toilet.
• Remove trim around tub and patch the walls.
• Make sure all switch and plug plates match throughout the house. Replace broken ones.
• Install new white toilet seat.
• Check attic for debris and any open wire junction boxes or just anything that would not pass inspection.
• Install new chandelier in dining room ($69 at home depot SKU will be provided)
• Prep interior for professional painting (remove all nails and things attached to walls and neatly caulk and sand) Paint interior (see material spec)
• Install door stops, smoke detectors where necessary.
(not much on this one – the prices may not be accurate as I haven’t checked with Home Depot in a while)
Walls – Realist Beige SW 6078 FLAT
Trim – Extra White SW 7006 SEMIGLOSS
Ceiling – Ceiling White FLAT
Trim – Tony Taupe
Garage Door – White
Bath Sink Faucet: Glacier Bay Builders SKU 247-368 $24.86 (brushed nickel)
Exterior Light Fixture Black SKU 245746 $8.97
Chandelier for Dining Room SKU 884-272 Commercial Electric $65
Bathroom Vanity Light – Hampton Bay Brushed Nickel Finish 3-Light Bath Bar SKU # 837895 ($10)