This is the ‘Flatulent’ house. Crude, I know. Named so because of the previous owner’s gastrointestinal issues while we were negotiating.
This one is in the process of being rehabbed and will be listed with our Realtor when completed.
Our new contractor has agreed to do the work below with materials, for $5,500. We still need to pay for carpeting throughout most of the house and some AC repair work and landscaping. Also, the new garage doors are not a part of this bid and will be extra. These additional costs will likely make up the difference in our budget for this house.
This is a 3 bedroom, 2 bathroom, 1700sf house that was built in 1981.
|Settlement Fees:||$1,258 (doc fees, closing fee, insurance)|
|Estimated Holding/Selling Costs:||$9,000|
• Replace rotted siding (4 sheets) on right side of house.
• Remove windows and walls and install two garage doors (convert back to garage).
• Paint entire exterior (see material specs).
• Install new exterior light fixtures (see material specs).
• Replace door to garage with exterior door.
• Instal l new silver doorknob and deadbolt for front door and door to garage.
• Haul off construction debris and trash (including junk left behind by previous owner).
• Remove carpet throughout house.
• Remove wall paper and trim in entrance way.
• Frame closet for two bifold doors in front bedroom. Sheetrock/Tape/Float/Texture and install doors.
• Install wire shelf across back wall of new closet.
• Patch and texture cracks and imperfections in walls and ceilings. Match texture.
• Prep interior for professional painting (remove all nails and things attached to walls and neatly caulk and sand) Paint interior (see material specs).
• Remove handles and center panel and paint kitchen cabinets and install new hardware (4 pulls, 15 knobs) (see material specs)
• Replace dishwasher with new white dishwasher.
• Paint wood trim in breakfast area white.
• Tile kitchen and breakfast area. Owner will pay for tile but contractor must pick up from Floor & Décor.
• Replace light fixtures (see material specs)
• Remove window treatments from above windows.
• Make sure all light bulbs are working throughout.
• Make sure all switch and plug plates match throughout the house. Replace broken /painted ones.
• Re-caulk around toilets and where necessary.
• Install new AC air filter.
• Install smoke detectors and doorstops where necessary.
• Tile floor. Owner will buy tile. Contractor will pick up tile from Floor & Décor.
• Replace vanity with new (see material specs).
• Replace mirror (see material specs).
• Reinstall faucet. Replace shower head with new.
• Replace toilet seat.
• Replace towel racks with new silver ones.
• Install new vanity light (see material specs).
• Replace toilet seat, vanity faucet (see material specs), remove handles and paint cabinets, install new cabinet knobs (see material specs).
• Tile toilet and vanity area.
• Install new silver towel racks.
Walls – Realist Beige SW 6078 FLAT
Trim – Extra White SW 7006 SEMIGLOSS
Ceiling – Flat White
Sides and Back Siding – Tony Taupe SW 7038 SATIN
Trim – Classical White SW 2829 SATIN
Front Door – Red Bay SW 6321
Hall Bath Mirror: Martha Stewart Living Mead 24 in. x 32 in. Framed Mirror in Espresso SKU 652509 $67
Master Bath Faucet: Glacier Bay Builders SKU 247-368 $30 (brushed nickel)
Hall Bath Vanity: Woodcrafters Del Mar 30” Espresso w/Top SKU 672-477 $199
Cabinet Knobs SKU 400389 $1.79/each
Drawer pulls for cabinets SKU 803786 $2.39/each.
Hall Bathroom Vanity Light – Hampton Bay Brushed Nickel 3-Light SKU 837-895 $10
Exterior Light Fixture (front): Spider web looking black light fixture.
Exterior Light Fixtures (back yard): Black SKU 245746 $8.97
Ceiling fan for Living Room: SKU 412761 $80 ceiling fan
Chandelier for Dining Room SKU 884-272 Commercial Electric $65
Flushmount for hallway (2), kitchen, all bedrooms (3) SKU 720163 $18 Commercial Electric
Owner will provide SKU for pendant light for over the kitchen sink.
Next: Follow Along As I Open Up My House Flipping Business
[…] The details for the Flatulent House have now been posted. See the before pictures, numbers and rehab scope of work for this flip. […]
Hey Danny, hope you don’t mind but I’m going through some of these “34 weeks” posts and wondering the end of the stories. How did this one come out? Any pics and or numbers you’d care to post?
Speak Your Mind