I was going to through an old stack of papers the other day and pulled out a real gem. This was something I’d written a couple years ago and tried to keep close by so that I could read over it from time to time. These are things that I had read and thought about as things that I wanted to always remember to do and as rules to live by. Hopefully you will find them as important as I do.
Please contribute by adding some of the ideas that you strive to live by in the comments!
- Always Keep In Mind What Is Most Important To Me – Family
- Remember That Businessman Is Not My Only Role And Not My Most Important One
- Maintain A Positive Attitude
- Never Compromise With Honesty
- Remember The People Involved
- Think In Terms of Other Peoples’ Views and What Is Important To Them
- Obtain The Counsel of Others
- Defend Those Who Are Absent
- Be Decisive And Don’t Second Guess My Decisions – VERY IMPORTANT
- Don’t Fear Mistakes And Let It Keep You From Taking Action
- Always Be Creative And Proactive In Correcting Any Mistakes Made
- Plan Tomorrow’s Work Today
- Always Hustle While I Wait – I LOVE THIS ONE
- Be Orderly In Person And In Work
- Listen Twice As Much As I Speak
- Do One Thing At A Time
- Prioritize And Keep The End In Mind
- Focus On The 20% of Activities That Produce 80% Of The Results
Leave yours below in the comments. I’d love to hear them.